Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another pillow preview

I had really hoped to have the whole thing finished by now, but it has been slower going than I expected.  I'm finally at the point of putting all of the pieces together, though, so not much longer!

For the shield, I sewed the quadrants together and then ironed on the mascots and big H.  I covered the raw edges with fabric paint because that seemed to be the fastest and best way.  The alternative was doing a satin stitch over the raw edges (by machine) and then hand embroidering the articulation on each animal in matching thread, and I just don't want to take the time.

I wasn't sure if I wanted the contrast, but I think the black outlines work well!  It gives a unified look.  Ultimately, I might fill in the entire H with paint, to make it look more substantial.  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The contrast looks really nice - especially the badger-not-elephant head. ;) Looking forward to the finished product!