Sunday, September 9, 2007

statement of purpose

Welcome to my new blog, dedicated to my various craft projects. It will be updated as often as I have projects that I feel merit mention. Some months may be filled with posts, others may be completely silent.

Because many of the crafts that I take an interest in are related to textiles and Japanese crafts, this will also likely double as my kimono wearing (kitsuke) diary and knowledge bank.

Please watch if you'd like to learn along with me, and feel free to ask questions or comment.

It's likely that I will frequently use japanese terminology, as it's relevant. I will romanize words, but I will also want to use Japanese characters from time to time. For correct display, please be sure that you have Japanese character support installed in your browser. (In most browsers you can install from the "character encoding" submenu, usually listed under "view".)

I will probably create my own glossary as I go, to make things most convenient, but I will also start a link bank to refer to the extensive resources available on the net.

始めましょう!

1 comment: